Monday, June 05, 2006

A Time to Relax

So I have finally had a weekend to sit back and take things a bit easy. I went out to dinner friday night, went paddling, to the port Environment Park and out to breakfast on Saturday. Then on Sunday I went to the Ecofiesta with Min and at night a party for Ben Moore who is Jane DeGabriels patner. I went to primary and High Schools with Jane.
Probably one of the best parts of the weekend is that I probably slept for about 30 hours it was great and I feel better this weekfor it. I'm not tired or sore this monday so it's a bonus. Also I got about five new plants for the yard from the ecofiesta. I got a Native Gardinier, Native Jasmine, one type of grass like lilly, a grass and a Flax. They are all understory plants to fill in the gaps between my trees. The two bushes are for th front yard on the other side to provide screening and a nice scent.
The visit to the Environment Park of the port was interesting I could see what they were trying to do but they had some poor plant choice. They didn't think about what types of animals they wanted to attract, and they haven't really designed a theme into it. They tried to make it a coastal themed park but the plant choice was very limmited from the coastal plants and some of them are not very spectacular. I spose at least they tried and it is good that they planted all native plants.
Also Bernie I think that Ixora's are native they are mentioned in EJ Banfields My Tropical Isle, which is available via Project Gutenburg. and he says that they are a much ignored NQ plant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have great links in you site

Anonymous said...

I didn't know the ixora was a native - maybe it is one of those species which has some exotics and some natives.
Bernie