Monday, June 05, 2006

Pipe Dream

"I Have a dream" as Martin Luther once said. My dream however is not about peace or freedom. It's an Ocean Dream. A dream to own and race a HUKI V1-x, they look awesome. They are about 4-5m long made of Carbon fibre and only weigh about 8-9kg. You can also get stow hatches in the front and rear to put your supplys for a weekend away. Also I have an Idea that I could rig up a apperatus to hold a 30L drum out on the Arma to carry more supplys and fresh water. I could then go out ocean adventures. Paddling out to Orpheus Island or around the Whitsundays. I could then also race it in the OC1 events held at the Outrigger regattas.
This sadly is a dream that I may have to nourish and hold onto for a while as the V1-X is about $6000 and I don't think I will be able to save up for it while doing this job but maybe in my next position.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This gives you a savings goal. Don't think of it as a Pipe Dream but a long term goal. Keep your eye out on e-bay but I think you may have to save for a while before embarking on this purchase

Anonymous said...

I just watched the 4 minute video of the Molokai crossing. The paddler disappeared behind the choppy waves rather often. I wouldn't like to be out on the ocean in one of those outriggers without another boat close by. It does look exciting though.