Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Maggie Island

OK so another weekend and another event. This weekend just gone by it was the 8hr Rogaine on Maggie Island. Min and I decided to take this one a bit more serious than the one up at Mt Carbine. The rogaine started at 8am with the maps handed out at 7am. we rode straight from Horseshoe bay to Picnic bay, and worked our way back to the Hash house collecting markers as we went. We ended up getting all but 8 of the 36 markers and came 5th in the rogaine. Not a bad result in the end and Min and I had a great day and saw heaps of Maggie that we hadn't seen before. Another guy's team didn't turn up so we had an extra team mate 'Heath'.
Also near the end of the rogaine the seat on my bike broke and I couldn't sit on it so I spent the last two and a half hours of the rogaine standing up on the Bike which I have to say is alot more tiring than you think.
There is nothing serious on next weekend so i am going to get back to my thesis and hopefully finish it off. We'll see how we go. I have decided to spend a bit more time with the thesis and get it out of the way. Then I can get back to my adventures. Also the is the Ecofiesta where i can get more free trees. Yah!!! It's a dodgy little get together in Queens gardens but I'm going to have a Picnic lunch.
I hope everyone out there is going well and I hope you guys are reading this. If you are you could leave comments and tell me about what you are up to.

No comments: