Thursday, September 21, 2006

Pick up the pace

So right at a time when I thought that I would have more time I actually have less time. All the Rogaines are finished and the paddling season is over, but Dave our Paddling coach has decided to start training for next year now. Also Min's work sponsored a corporate rowing team which had 13 people in it so I volunteered to drive the tinny for the Coach (Min). Several people droped out though and it ended up that for balance of the boat and lack of people I ended up rowing, which is good I wanted to experience rowing and what it is like to be in a rowing Skiff (I think they are skiffs). They train on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday which is good because I'm free those afternoons. That now means that I train for paddling tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Then train for rowing wednesday friday and Sunday. Leaving only monday free to persue thet goals that I set for September which is finish off the Main bedroom and get the house back into some sembelance of order. Then Saturday and Sunday Afternoons I can do the corrections for my thesis and I will have time to rest once it's all finished.

I think I'd better pick up the pace a bit!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to hear of other paddlers out there =-) how come your season finishes now? I paddle in dunedin, New Zealand and we're just starting to get into our sprinting and marathon seasons. Mostly october through to March. Although our club is crazy enough to have a regatta in June. Aptly named the "icebreaker".
cheers, Melissa

Unknown said...

To be honest Melissa I have no Idea why the season stops now. The weather is getting perfect. We will start up agian in February when it will be boiling hot. We definately shouldn't be racing in the summer months up here in the Tropics. Winter would be the best time and have the season finish in another month or so. Oh well these things are decided by AOCRA not me. Thanks very much for leaving a comment it's nice to know that someone reads this little site

Cheers