Monday, July 10, 2006

Didn't Do Much

That basically is a nice summary of my weekend. I went paddling on Saturday Morning, got home woke up Min and had some breakfast. Then we bought some essentialls and went to Uni and worked for the rest of the day Min on her Masters and me on mine. Sunday we got up and went to the strand as Min had to do a 2.5km Ocean swim as a qualifier for the Townsville To Magnetic Island Swim.

Min did well she finished the swim in 48 minutes. After the swim Min and I went to Reef HQ here in Townsville. and took some awesome photos of Phishy's.
So there was no Rogaining this weekend, but at least I got in a bit of paddling finally. There has been no paddling for about 2 weeks. It's really good to get back to it. There is a regatta on in 2 weeks. It's the Townsville Regatta, and I might be going in the OC2 race. It would be nice to experience the OC2 and OC1 races. they seem like such lite manourverable canoes. Considering that an OC1 weighs in at about 9-10kg and an OC2 can be 25-30kg they actually are lite but I don't know how manouvrable they are Yet. It depends upon Chris one of the steerers as to wether I will go in the race. He is currently in about 8 races so he might not be up to doing all of the races and I could do one of the OC2 races instead.
So I'm working lots but I'm doing alright, I'm having lots of fun to. Once I finish my Masters (in Ten years time) I will then do the last few things on the house. Then i should have some extra free time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.