Monday, July 24, 2006

Big Weekend

So I had grand plans this weekend gone by. I was to paddle in the Townsville regatta on saturday then recover go out saturday night to the presentations at the Seaview hotel. Then on Sunday I was to go in the Paluma Push.
What happened is that I went in the regatta paddled increadibly hard with some results. We finished last in the Marathon(12.5km) and 4th or 5th in the Sprints. We did so poorly in the Marathon because we flipped over about 2km from the finish line. After the Regatta I was absolutely shattered so I went home and went to sleep and only got up to go to the presentations. Went home went to sleep agian. When I got up on Sunday morning at 5am I was still shattered I had sore legs let alone my arms and shoulders. With that in mind I decided to call off the paluma push mission. I cannot afford to get sick before IMD2 now can I? (Min has a bit of a cold at the moment).
I am still not quite fit enough to do 2 big things inone weekend. Oh Well the Quoll is only one thing, and tha is comming in 2 week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I checked out what IMDII meant and saw your comment on that blog site. I still am not sure what IMDII means. Does it mean dominating the elements?