Monday, September 17, 2007

OC1 Regatta

I want to Thank Greg and Reece Tudehope for organising a great day. Also Thanks to Karen Bruce for time keeping all day and helping with the set-up. And probably the biggest thanks go to the two people who aren't even part of any paddling club but came along to help out on the day to make sure friends and family could race so thanks Viki and Melinda.
I think that most people had a good day and the racing was good natured and fun. Thanks to all the competitors and I hope to see you on the water again soon.
Now for some results I only went in one race due to me having some crazy type of sleeping sickness. I managed to come third though.

oc1 250m Course

Open Men
Pos Name Club Time
1st Reece Tudehope Mag-Is 1.11.73
2nd Andrew Mitchell Coral Sea 1.25.44
3rd Lewis Anderson Mag-Is 1.27.97

Oops did I forget to mention that there were only 3 people in my race. Still since it is my first ever OC1 race and only like my tenth time on an OC1 I did alright. And 1 minute and 27 seconds seems like ages when you have the flu.

Cheers

No comments: