Monday, August 23, 2010

Where we're at now

Min and I have been back in the country for a while now.  Min has been in hard training and just over 2 weeks ago ran in her first ever Half Marathon.  It was at the Townsville Running Festival held by the local club the Townsville Road Runners.  It was a hard slog for her but she made the 21.1 km in under 2 hours.

For me though my weeks and especially weekends have been all about my house. I have been doing paint prep, gardening, taking off gutters, and  stripping floors nearly every spare moment.  One good thing though is that I am finally getting very close to having the place finished.  Another 3 or 4 weeks and I should have the first of two apartments ready then another couple of weeks and I will have both places finished.  Not long now!!  Just paint both places then sand the floors in one and replace the fans.

Once the house is finished I will have time to get back to my own training and prepare for the OC1 races that are coming up later in the year. I actually hope to start running as well, ot long distances mind just 4-5km once or twice a week. With paddling and cycling I should start to see a definite improvement in my fitness.

All of that though is a while off and we will have to see how the house goes.  For tonight though I'm off to see the The Imperial Russian Ballet Company preform the Nutcracker suite.  I'm quite looking forward to it I've never been to the Ballet will be interesting to see.

No comments: