Friday, March 20, 2009

Election

I had quite a sad revelation yesterday. I was looking at the candidates and deciding who I should vote for as my first choice. I couldn't pick one!!

We have five candidates in my electorate surely one of these people should be a person that I could vote for. Well who is there to vote for I said to myself. I know I'll run through them and see where I would put them on the Ballot paper.
The Greens - can be a good choice but they have had Jenny Stirling as there candidate for ages and she has some strange and unrealistic ideas/policies. They might not be a great choice so maybe not #1.

Labour - has been in government for the last 11 years and really don't seem to have any vision or new ideas. Also they are pushing through a Canal development that very few people in Townsville want, so put them in the middle somewhere either 3 or 4 I thought.

LNP - Are led by Laurence Springborg. I don't really need to say more if you've seem him on TV. These guys are probably going on the bottom of the list.

Family First Party - This state run by the Assembly of God. No Thanks!!! Definitely bottom of the pile.

An Independent - Some one with new Ideas, a fresh way of doing things unencumbered by party politics, This could be good. Then I saw his campaign letter sent out to many people in this electorate. An literate idiot representing my area in the state parliament, at least he would be better than the Family First Party.

At this point the sad realisation hit me. I will be voting from the bottom. I will be voting from the candidate I like the least in number 5 to the one that is the least worst (yes I know this is very poor English I'm trying it out to see if I should vote for the independant candidate) in position 1. What a sad day it is when there is no-one that you can vote for, only people to vote against.

No comments: