Monday, August 20, 2007

OC1

So I have finally taken my OC1 out for a bit of a test run. I paddled from the strand to Magnetic Island to follow Min. She was doing the Townsville to Magnetic Island swim. The Trip there was pretty easy paddle now and then to keep the Canoe moving and keep up with the swimmers. most of the time however I just sat there and cheered on the swimmers. The canoe preformed brilliantly, nice and stable and easy to paddle. The only problem was the probably 60 or so litres of water that the canoe took on in the 2 hour that it took to paddle over to the Island.
So I drained the canoe and left it to dry out once I had gotten to Picnic bay and went to the pub and bought a burger. The paddled her home and immediately dropped it off at the boat builders so that it can be repaired in time for the OC1 series of races that will be happening from September till the End of the year.

Long live the Ando (my canoe)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come it takes on water? Did you buy it with a hole in it so it was cheeper and plan to fix it or is this new?

Unknown said...

Yer there was a hole in it but it's covered in Gaff tape. You aof all people know that gaff is this magical substance that never lets anything through. Anyway it's in to get fixed now. no more paddling adventure for me for a while.

Anonymous said...

Gaff is actually the phisical embodiment of THE FORCE, it has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together. May the Gaff be with you(and the goat on the pole smile on your future)